2008年3月15日星期六

TANK

Went to mensa's TANK today. As I was wondering how they've managed to squeeze 20 odd people into that tiny little room which I find it kinda packed with 8 or 9 test takers the other day, well, I've realised once I reached there that they've removed all the tables except for two which they've pushed to the side and bags are placed there, and what remained is the whiteboard and the chairs. So everybody just took their chair and formed a huge circle (which was the outline of the room).... kinda lame, eh?

But looking for speaking chances in the TANK was rather difficult, the queen has said that each person is given 3 minutes, no more, but u can use less. So, its like, one hyper long list of names waiting to speak, and everyone just que. Quite orderly, but the down side is that when some thoughts hit you in the head, you would have forgotten everything when your turn comes. Simply put, the list and waiting time is TOO DARN LONG!

Oh well, that went on only for the first topic. But time's pretty tight. They've sort of like did it in a rush and things like that, at least for the first portion of the TANK. It's about the possibility of unification of language. Well, i guess the topic is too board, so wide and board that I felt as if everyone is talking on a different topic.

However, after the short break and QnA on how to improve on the style of TANKing, the queen allowed 30 seconds of respond time after each speaker. Well, that improved the situation, or maybe its because its the change of topic (to those obsence picture scandals), but I find the later part of the TANK better. The only thing that got stuck in the back of my head was that someone said (or argued) that Singapore has one of the highest ranking government in the world... of course, having suffered under such government for 6 years, I would naturally disagree, but there arn't any time for me to reply so I guess I'll post something here regarding this matter, later.

Ok, kinda sleepy now, but before I go, I guess I'll give a word of advice for anyone who's going to some 3 hours events. BRING YOUR OWN WATER! Oooof... almost died of dehydration ... T.T

沒有留言: