2008年3月23日星期日

Rain rain go away~

Been quite a long time since it last rained. Hmmm ... I have been wondering, is a rain drop really pointed on one end and circular on the other? Curious as I always am, I've took my camera, camped at the window and clicked non-stop for at least half an hour. Well, let's not talk about the photos first. The half an hour of camping at the window still reminds me of those childhood days. When ever there's rain, I would climb onto the little balcony (around one meter wide and deep, which slants in towards the window) and watch the rain falling, wind rolling and the people on the streets running for shelter. I could sit there all day looking at the rain and the wind, and at that time homework used to be a ten minute job. The only difference between my primary school life and other's is that there aren't any television set or electronic gaming gadgets such as gameboy or playstation, and I've only gotten my first computer during primary 5. So basically, there aren't anything high tech during my childhood before the invasion of a computer. Naturally, I would miss out on things such as playstation or gameboy. Oh wait, I've gotten a gameboy once, during primary 3, but I think it lasted for like 2 months before it went into the trash. Not that I've spoilt it, but I think the reason behind the death of my gameboy is that it's obstructing my studies. Man... I was only primary 3 then!

All these reminds me of another thing, and that is that little dream, little hope and little wish which I had, which is that I don't have to go to school because of heavy thunderstorm or typhoon. No such thing in Singapore, huh? No matter how heavy the rain is, how suckie the drainage systems are, there's still school. Hmm, maybe I'll explain more with the following logos taken from Hong Kong Observatory and Wiki.

Typhoon Signal 1 Stand-by (戒備)

Typhoon Signal 3 Strong winds (強風)





Typhoon Signal 8 (with various directions) Gale or storm force winds(烈風或暴風)
Typhoon Signal 9 Increasing gale or storm force winds(烈風或暴風風力增強)
Typhoon Signal 10 Hurricane (颶風)
(Taken from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hong_Kong_tropical_cyclone_warning_signals)



Well, that's for typhoon. Notice how the site from wiki states that it's tropical cyclone. This also reminds me that there was a time when the typhoon signal 3 was up and I went and open the window to stick a little paper kite out (used to love playing paper kites near the window). Guess what? Poof! The window flew down! Oh the humanity... ... ... Anyway, the guy who fixed the window after the typhoon was gone (which went all the way up to signal 9...) said that it was lucky that the window still didn't came apart and that only the frame fell down because the window still is too light and it won't sustain much impact. O.o Anyway, here's the rainstorm signals.




(Taken from http://www.weather.gov.hk/ )


Well, actually there's nothing much to explain except that these means heavy rain, heavier rain and heaviest rain. The important thing is, with red and black rainstorm signals, there's no school =D. So isn't it great that there's so many storms in Hong Kong that it's like extra holidays? There are many other signals, such as hot/cold weather, and humidity level warnings. But who cares? No holidays and I won't really be bothered to read up about them. Before I forget, here's the rain drop pictures.


Doesn't these look like a pair of earrings?
Well, this certainly doesn't look pointed at the top...
Looks like ice earring... hmm, maybe I'll go and make one if I get the chance to go into a DnT workshop.
Looks pretty round to me
Drip Drip Drip


I think I don't have to explain what the raindrop looked like, right? The pictures are quite self explanatory... Hmm, time to throw away the dog poo and feed him with sweets.

I've found that some of the photos are quite pretty so I've editted some of them. Hope that you will find them interesting



沒有留言: