2008年4月15日星期二

PE

Had Physical Ed exam today, which is volleyball. Man, sure I did flunked it. The exam was focused on personal skills or crap like that. Well, setting was a piece of cake. 60 times against a wall-pillar. The coach used to make us set against the wall for a few hundred times back in secondary school. But for digging, I flunked it bad. 4 times. I admit it that I suck in digging. I couldn't even deliver any ball properly during my 2 and a half years in volleyball during my secondary days, so I guess it is alright for me not being able to dig the ball to myself for 60 times. The problem now, lies with service. Before anything, please take a look at the following diagram:

Now let me explain the rules. Firstly, all services should be done using upper hand, meaning you can't hit the ball below your shoulder or do something like a uppercut or thing like that. Well, that's fair enough. The real problem now lies with the scoring. Alright, frankly speaking, not many people can target the ball within the 3 meter line, the area with the 2 and 1 point boxes. You need either to hit the net (which no one wishes to) or send a high lop so as to hit within the 3 meter area. As for the 3, 4 and 5 boxes, I seriously think that they should have rearrange them to make the 5 point in the middle. I mean, alright, it's hard to hit the base line and all and u need to be precise and things like that, but why are the sides 4 point boxes? I've seen more people getting 4's and not 3's just purely because their ball aren't willing to fly straight. The worse is, a friend of mine who is in the volleyball team keep hitting 3's just because his service is straight! I think the teacher should really consider swapping the 3 meter box with the base line boxes and side boxes ... It's really ridiculous the way those boxes are being marked, seriously.

Oh well, enough of ball talks. I have to meet my professor-cum-tutor tomorrow. My instructor for my Singapore history module suggested that I should have a nice chat with my faculty about changing majors. Hmmmm, I think I will bring it up tomorrow, just pray hard that there will not be any firing of verbal bullets or hard feelings or something.

沒有留言: