2008年4月13日星期日

Hikari E English

One of the opening of One piece, Hikari E, has been dubbed into English by FUNimation, and voiced by Vic Mignogna. Here it is:

Here's the lyrics:
I think back to the time when my search first began
And left behind those shores of sand
For the endless, everlasting world out there.
I know that with this burning passion driving me;
someday, somewhere I'll finally,
See the light I have searched for everywhere!

When the summer sun is shining, shaking the sails of my heart, I know!
(In these long blue seas.)
The brand new world that had been hiding, has opened up its doors for me to go!
(In this lone blue Sky!)
Swaying in the troubled waves, from all despair I can be saved,
for the horizon on the other side is ...yay... is what I aim for!

And though I travel far from where my search began
Over seas of green and shores of sand,
through the endless, everlasting world out there.
I know that with this burning passion driving me,
someday, somewhere, I'll finally
See the light I have searched for everywhere!!

Here's the Japanese version, just for comparison purposes (sorry, no lyrics cause I am not a jap):

Great song, especially when you consider that it is a dubbed one, and when I come to think of it, seriously, 4Kids - YOU SUCK! (I'll talk about 4Kids screwed One piece some other time. Remind me)

沒有留言: