2010年8月10日星期二

Time froze?

When I went on top of the Empire building yesterday, I said that I really liked the ornaments and design of the building cause it’s in 60’s/70’s theme, and that reminds me of rapture from Bioshock. Today, I wish I’ve never said that…

Okay, now I’m sitting in hell of a small hotel room – Pennsylvania Hotel. It’s 80 years old and I felt that time has frozen since then in this little hell hole. The bathroom’s utilities look like they’re at least 50. Okay, so the room is smaller than normal, but since it’s near Time Square, I’ll pass on the complaints. And then there’s the door. The doors of every room has a piece of arced wood glued onto it, and it looks like a casket cover (size, shape, material, everything). AND YOU BLOODY HELL NEED TO PAY FOR THE WIFI!!! Yea, so if you’re reading this, it’s written a few days ago and by the time this has been uploaded, I should be back in Hong Kong. Oh well, a few days of internetlessness is alright with me (what kinda word is that …).

And then there’s the subway. I walked in and the first thing I realized is not the messy layout or the ridiculous way to read the lines, but is that there’s bloody hell no aircon in the platforms. That means when you’re waiting for the train, it’s sauna time. Right, even if I can’t have dimsum in NY, I can still feel like one. Great. Oh and why the hell do I have to walk from one end to the other on some platform to reach the other platform after a few flights of stairs and a few turns, to find that I have to walk from start to end in another platform before I can reach the one I’m aiming for??? Really… which idiot is the engineer? He need to understand what the hell it meant by commuting. And then there’s the trains, they look like some steel product from the 50’s, enough said.

China town is worse. Everything looks like it’s from the pre-WWII period (30’s and 40’s). Shop houses with two to three stories. Loads of trash and deformed stuff and things… If Mcdonald food doesn’t have that hella many addictives and MSGs, I wont even want to go back to that Chinatown or what crap again.

Time really froze here… and for the first time, I wanna go back to Hong Kong or Singapore…

沒有留言: