2008年6月11日星期三

Vista sucks

I had enough ... I had enough ... I had enough ... I had enough ... I HAD ENOUGH!!!


VISTA SUCKS!

Ok ok... it's not really such a big fuss, really. I think everyone here knows how screwed up vista is when it's compared to XP. Still, I would really like to list out how vista sucks, point by point, to, at the very least, vent my anger on the amount of $$$ which I have invested in this vista. Here goes:


  • It cost a bomb. (HKD $ 2000, although it came with a free 1GB ram for which I didn't redeem can I felt sick).

  • The success rate of booting is pathetic. (about one to two failures in every 5 boot?)

  • For those of you who are faithful with my blog, at a point of time, my mouse cursor got "annihilated". (solution? reformat at the cost of losing around 60~70 GB of data cause my disk partition is 200 - 40 and the windows has to be installed in the 200 partition)

  • Security prompt sucks. (There's one security prompt popping out whenever you try to run a programme or install something. It's not irritating. It's simply screwing my life)

  • Erroneous Internet Explorer. (My IE will tends to get stuck when you open quite a few tabs, or the webpage will just stop loading. No such problem with firefox, but somehow firefox is hell lot slower... sigh ... it's just pathetic)

  • Loads of crappy background application. (there's this CPU and ram checker on my desktop which comes with vista. Well, the ram usage is forever at 40% when I am doing normal typing or web surfing. Don't know whether if there is any increase in ram usage when I activate applications such as steam or stuffs like that, but 40% of 2GB ram is ... 819MB or ram being taken up permanently? This will only happen with XP if I have N numbers of viruses and spywares running in the background...)

  • Laggy! (Ok, I am someone who will ALWAYS switch on a media player whenever I am in front of my comp. I've always notice that some of the songs will just pause for a few seconds here and there by itself... I can assure that there's nothing with the file/track... so, get my drift?)

  • Incompatibility with non-microsoft applications ... actually, microsoft or non-microsoft applications alike... (I can never play CS without having the goosebumps of the screen freezing. Sometimes I will just die in game due to the lag and standing there like a log, sometimes my CS will just close by itself with the stupid security prompt, sometimes my steam will just shut down.... blah blah blah... Oh and this happens too when I am playing maple, but its more serious... my comp will just freeze. Yes, comp freeze, not screen freeze!)

  • ... .... ... (List goes on ... too tired ... wanna sleep ...)

沒有留言: