2009年8月31日星期一

Childhood...?

Just wondering, did I ever write about my kiddie days? I don't mean the days when I'm an idiot for no reason or whatsoever. I mean the days of my primary school and stuff. I guess I didn't talk much about my primary school days, eh? Oh well, perhaps I really should write a bit on that.

Hmm... where should I start? Maybe I'll start with my living environment. First and foremost, my dad has two apartments, all thanks to my mom. One of it is in Kowloon, and the other, Southern Hong Kong island, beside my school. So I will mostly be talking about the one in Hong Kong isle, cause I've stayed there for at least 5 days a week. Yea... Well, anyway, I have never considered myself someone who lived in poverty or something, and I will get lectures from my dad if I ever mention something like that. But the thing is, my living environment during my primary school days is ... well ... lacking. A lot of typical metropolis sophistication, such as electronic gadgets, cannot be found in my home. Well, my primary school days lasted from somewhere mid 90's to the end of 90's, so during that era, it's quite typical for families to have some sort of entertainment and domestic electronics at home. Not my case. Alright, lets count what's there in the apartment which I lived in. Fridge... Radio... Telephone... some books in simplified Chinese which my mom got from some sales .... and basically that's it. It's true, there's no television, no computer, no comics, no toys...

It's not that bad, cause I still have a telephone (in the living room) and a radio. Yea, so basically, each night, apart from some dull and dry and travail homework, its radio tune-ins. The reason my mom gave me (and my dad to a certain extend) for not installing a TV is cause it will distract my studies (and for heaven's sake my age was like single digit then). As for comics, its bad for my eyes (but I have close to 900 degrees myopia now ... so its ineffective after all) and it will distract my studies as well. And toys, well, seriously I don't remember the reason for throwing away my toys ... ah yes, cause they will affect my studies as well (recycling of the same o' lame of an excuse...) I used to have a game boy, those big and old and black and white ones, but my mom threw it away cause, again, it will affect my studies. Strange enough, my grades aren't all that great in class. I'm always near the bottom in terms of class positioning. My grades started to improve only during the later years of my secondary schooling, of which I had my own comp, comics, toys (well, not much then), and television of course. So what does all these banning and restriction do? Well, to make my life as freaking miserable as possible.

Things aren't really that better in class. The thing is, I used to cry a lot. And I mean A LOT. Erm... typically once per every other day? This kind of habit left only after I reach junior college (which is like secondary 5/Pre-U 1). Well, I admit it, people don't like dudes who cry (as if I can help it), so people normally pick on me simply for the sake of it. I won't hold grudges cause it's pointless, but hey, all that I can say is, that's life. Seriously, my childhood reminds me of Nobita from Doraemon. A dude who always cries, always being picked on, and screws up almost every other thing he tries to do. Blehx, sounding kinda pessimistic here, eh?

Anyway, yea, the world is unfair. It always is and it will always be. Nevertheless, when it's unfair, why was it biased against me? WAS, and I'm not complaining about anything current, though I still believe that things can be fairer...

沒有留言: