2008年12月6日星期六

Literature

In the midst of writing my paper for an English literature module, I am kind of surprised that I am capable of finding time to write this blog entery. Oh well, guess this only proofs that I am distracted easily and I don't concentrate on my work... Nonetheless, I still feel that, well, writing paper is hell lot more fun when compared to all those calculations and mathematical and physics stuff which I always dreads and which I am always given without any mercy... ~>.<~ Anyway, there's just a few pondering questions which I feel, well, kind of weird. First of all, why are most writer, like Franz Kafka which I am writing about currently, rise in terms of fame only after his death? I mean, there are numerous of critics around trying to decipher his works and all, and yet no one gives much of a, pardon me for being rude (though I always am), damn about him while he writes his masterpieces? I mean, this is really not rational, to the sense of contradictory and ironic, though that's the fact of most writer. Living a humble little life, writing and nothing else. Why bother writing critics about all these writers when you can simply ask them what the heck they wrote when they are alive... Seriously, this is a waste of effort, and it only shows that human sucks when it comes to foresight... Blehx, not my problem~
Another thing is that, well, why are arts module so strict on citations ... T_T It takes HELL long just to read up on one issue or another. Man, been doing nothing but reading critics for the pass few days, and I am like only half done... Pathetic man ... And the tutor said that we should cite around 5 critics, whereas the professor, though said that we should cite around 2, condemned the usage of wikipedia... No one can help it... I mean, they are even using wikipedia to teach us!!! The teaching staff should set a better example if they don't want us to use wiki... Oh well, I am not using wiki, though some of my references do come from the web. Oh and I've also found something interesting about Google Book (THANKS Charissa, though I doubt you've ever visited my blog anyway) is that all i need to do is to borrow the book from the library, key in the book title on Google Book (its 101% certain that they have the book in Google Book) and just search for the 'issues' which you are looking for~~~ Plain, simple and effective. No more sleepless nights (cause I prefer to sleep during day time) of cramming books and not knowing when the keywords you are looking for will appear. =D
One last thing. I've realised that both my English and Chinese skills are de-proving at a devastating rate... HELP!

沒有留言: