2010年9月20日星期一

I'm not a phish!

The first e-mail I see when I reached home ....

Dear doremon888@hotmail.com,


This e-mail has been sent to you by Hsbc UK to inform you that we were unable to verify your account details. This might be due to either of the following reasons:

1. A recent change in your personal information. (eg: address, phone)
2. Submitting incorrect information during register process.


Due to this, to ensure that your banking service is not interrupted, we request you to confirm and update your information today by following the link below

https://www.hsbc.co.uk/1/2/INGRM9usr=doremon888@hotmail.com&vrz=1

If you have already confirmed your information then please disregard this message.


Regards,

Hsbc Uk member services


You know something... There are so many flaws in this e-mail that I cannot stop counting. To begin with, which idiot of a bank will start addressing someone with their e-mail address? It's so darn obvious that they don't know who the heck I am. Oh and another thing is that, I have never set foot onto the soils of UK, so the chance of me appearing there and opening an account is ... as high as you striking a lottery (pretty much =D). Well, obviously someone has used my e-mail as both the communicational e-mail AND the name (what was this person thinking?) ... Oh well, its still kinda fun to receive these kinda stuff... I mean its still better than asking me if I need "enlargements" or not, right?

Seriously, for a con site, this is pretty well made. But notice the web url. Bomber Sunglasses? Woah, I guess your account will really explode if you log in.

沒有留言: