2010年2月24日星期三

No racism, but textbook teaches otherwise

I never wanna say this but... you know something...? I don't, in particular, dislike other races or whatsoever (even if my attitude says so, it's just because i don't like that particular person) but after a month in a module that teaches African literature, I started to think otherwise. Ok, everything's in your culture: war, casual sex, the washing and reusing of condoms, nudity, big bellies... Fine! I won't dislike someone because I find washing and reusing of a condom is entirely gross (Imagine someone walking into a drugstore and asks for a condom, and the dude replies with something like "Sir, would you like a new one or a 2nd hand one?" ... gosh...what's wrong with this world...?!). Oh well, yea, I admit it, my likeness-o-meter of such has gone slightly negative. Slightly, like -1 or something (if it's countable).

Then there's the names that the prof want us to remember. Well, seriously, when you try to pronounce such names, either you're a native or your English literally sucks if you are capable of pronouncing them correctly. Trust me, it's worse that all those funny languages that exists combined. The likeness-o-meter goes down here a bit, too. Just a bit.

Then there comes the language. Funny phrasings, fine. Native languages, fine. But... some of them are not English!!! I won't be studying English if I am interested in anything that is NOT English, eh? As if I understand native African ... makes no sense... Likeness-o-meter got lowered again.

And theres the French movie. Yea... FRENCH. Well, I have got nothing against french as long as theres the subtitles, but theres this potato head that is so freaking tall and big (head) and he sits in front and the subtitles are at the bottom of the screen. Cool. I would have shot it if I had a gun (a little glock will do) in my hands -.- Oh and did I say that the story ends with 3 dudes peeing in the rain along a grass patch? Nice ending, eh? No one normally ends a day pissing in public.

Oh well, everything sounds fine, eh? Well, I won't say anymore but... yea... you get the picture...

沒有留言: