2010年2月14日星期日

CNY

It has just occurred to me that this is my first Chinese new year in hong kong since in like somewhat 9 years. Well, I was in Singapore for quite a while (7 years, pretty long to be called "a while" eh?) and I spent the last two CNY in Beijing and Singapore respectively. So... yea, that explains why I have not had a "Hongkish" CNY for like 9 years.

Nothing much. Walked down the street and the whole darn world is on holiday. And theres this drizzle... It suddenly feels like an apocalypse or post-apocalytia (Fallout 3 style). Lets not use the word "apocalypse" for CNY though, but the street is, for sure, filled with a certain creeping blight that seems to kept it empty.

Went to a few temples to say my prayers with my dad. If my memory is not mistaken, I haven't been to a temple on the first day of CNY, mostly because it's hell crowded. Yea, they still are. The amount of people cause one to feel the effect of growing population. Not to forget, there are joss-sticks and incenses everywhere, and you need to dutch those falling sparks, or else you can say bye bye to your clothes.

My dad got me one of those "divine labels" (i dont know how to translate it properly, so lets keep it that way) and its supposed to write your future or some sort (words of advice, I'll say) on it. Whether it works or not, its up to you. But then and again, its free, so why not? I won't say what's on mine (secret =D), but its not bad =)

Yep, nothing much of a new year. I don't really care about red packets... maybe I've grown out of them. Anyway, just hope that I can sleep more in this little escape from the morose little semester.


沒有留言: