2008年7月27日星期日

Pebble soldering

Went back to school for some workshop yesterday. Hmmmmm, been hell long since I last set foot on the school grounds (though I never wish to again =.=). Anyway, they taught us how to make some kinda mp3 player. Now, that sounds simple enough right (just look at the diagram and solder and you're done). However, here's the deal. Can you shape the molten solder into pebble like balls? I can =D


Left: My board Right: Demonstration board
Pebbles~ (though they looked kinda different in sizes...)
Nice pebbles?
Main board's pebbles
Reminds me of chocolates and sweets
oo oo oo oo
The one in the center got distorted by a senior...

Anyway, I would say that it's pretty easy to solder little pebbles. All the seniors didn't believe that such a soldering method will work (though nice looking), but it did~ And in honour of the pebbles, a name was given to this method of soldering - "球型焊接法". It works just like the demonstration board. Oh well, there was one or two detached point in the main board and things like that happened, but hey, at least its hyper lot better looking than the pre-made one and it feels a lot smoother. =P Guess I've learnt something useful after all ... wait, this wasn't taught by anyone... this was something which I came up with myself~ Now I finally can say that I've acquired some skills from the screwed up of a department at last~
Oh and if anyone one of you want these kind of joints to be soldered or simply want to learn how to solder these kind of joints, I'm your man =D

沒有留言: